Advice and consultation
On 1 December 2010, the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity was incorporated into the Public Sector Commission, enabling common interests across the two agencies to be consolidated. The Workforce Planning and Diversity Branch was established with a broader scope, addressing workforce planning in the public sector while ensuring diversity interests continue to be progressed.
The Public Sector Commissioner’s Circular 2011-02: Workforce Planning and Diversity in the Public Sector was released on 21 February 2011. The Circular links diversity planning and workforce planning, and encourages agencies to consolidate compliance requirements in these two areas.
The Workforce Planning and Diversity Branch is underpinned by a range of other cross-government legislation, documents and strategies including:
- Department of Training and Workforce Development: Skilling WA
- Public Sector Management Act 1994
- Equal Opportunity Act 1984
- Strategic Directions for the Public Sector Workforce 2009-2014
- Director General/Chief Executive Officer Performance Agreements
What We Do
The functions of the Workforce Planning and Diversity Branch are to:
- support agencies to improve workforce planning, and build human resource practitioners and managers’ capabilities;
- meet the statutory obligations of the Director of Equal Opportunity in Public Employment;
- coordinate the implementation of the 38 initiatives contained within Strategic Directions for the Public Sector Workforce 2009-2014;
- undertake research and develop targeted interventions for public sector workforce priorities; and
- encourage cross-agency collaboration and sharing of effective workforce strategies.
How We Work
To support agencies in meeting workforce planning and diversity requirements, the Public Sector Commission has established an advice and consultation service. A Workforce Planning Model and a suite of tools have also been developed and provided to agency HR representatives. Each agency has a dedicated PSC Consultant who will assist with workforce planning and diversity priorities.
A range of guides and resources on workforce planning and diversity are available.
Building Workforce Planning Capacity
A range of professional development sessions relating to workforce planning and diversity are run by the Public Sector Commission. To view scheduled events run by the Public Sector Commission, visit the events page.
Telephone: (08) 6552 8500
Fax: (08) 6552 8710
Email (online enquiry): firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated 10 April 2013