Your agency can recruit and appoint high-quality trainee candidates from one of our traineeship programs.
As a youth employment initiative for the sector, we maintain a database of candidates, 25 years of age or under, who are eager to start their career with a traineeship in the WA public sector.
Benefits of recruiting from our traineeship programs
- Fill vacancies fast – we'll send you at least 3 resumes within 24 hours of receiving your request.
- Focus on the selection process – we’ve done all the recruitment groundwork for you. You'll save on recruitment and advertising costs as well.
- Access to a diverse talent pool – our programs include people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
- Simple and cost-effective recruitment – requests can be submitted through the Recruitment Advertising Management System (RAMS).
- Leadership development opportunities – for your staff to train and mentor trainees.
- Increase your workforce without increasing your FTE count – trainees are exempt from FTE ceiling restrictions.
- Ongoing support and advice – we can help with every stage of the traineeship placement.
Trainee wage rates
The Public Sector Commission has developed a trainee wages guide to assist public sector agencies to determine the correct wage rate for trainees.
The Department of Commerce issued a Circular to Departments and Authorities (no.10 of 2012) which outlines a new wage schedule for all trainees. To view the Department of Commerce's Circular to Departments and Authorities (no.10 of 2012), go to: www.commerce.wa.gov.au/LabourRelations/PDF/Circulars/2012_010.pdf
All enquiries regarding rates of pay for trainees should be directed to your agency’s Department of Commerce Labour Relations Advisor.
Information for job seekers
If you are interested in doing a traineeship with the WA State Government, go to the Getting a Job website and navigate to the Government traineeship program or School-based traineeship program links, for information on how to apply.
- Traineeship Coordinator
Phone: (08) 6552 8792
- School Based Traineeship Coordinator
Phone: (08) 6552 8841
Page last updated 1 May 2013