Public Administration Industry Working Group
The Public Administration Industry Working Group (PAIWG) identifies and develops relevant vocational education and training (VET) workforce development solutions for the WA Public Sector.
PAIWG is a joint initiative between the Commission and the Electrical, Utilities and Public Administration Training Council (EUPA) and was established on 30 November 2009.
Aims of the group
The main focus of PAIWG is to establish the Public Sector Training Package in WA in order to build the capacity and capability of WA Public Sector employees in the following skill areas:
- Management / leadership / supervision
- Human resources
- Policy and project management
- Records management and statutory compliance
- Procurement and finance
- Customer service/service delivery/quality and innovation
PAIWG is progressing 3 priority areas:
- Public Sector Training Package
Encourage the WA Public Sector to utilise Government qualifications from the Public Sector Training Package as a workforce development and capacity solution; support the increase of Registered Training Organisations scoped to deliver Government qualifications; and identify funding opportunities at a State and Federal level that support the delivery of Government qualifications.
- Indigenous Employment and Training
Provide strategic input on Indigenous training and employment programs aligned to Government qualifications and Indigenous strategies.
- Existing Worker and New Entrant Training (Skilling WA)
Provide strategic input on training initiatives for existing workers and new entrants in the WA Public Sector.
The Chair of PAIWG is Dr Kim Schofield, Deputy Commissioner Capability and Development, Public Sector Commission and PAIWG’s membership is comprised of EUPA, the Community and Public Sector Union/Civil Service Association (CPSU/CSA) and the following WA Public Sector agencies:
- Department of the Attorney General
- Department of Education
- Department of Health
- WA Police Service
- Department of Indigenous Affairs
- Department of Agriculture
- Zoological Parks Authority
- Department of Corrective Services
- Public Sector Commission
- Department of Training and Workforce Development
- Department of Treasury
- Department of Water
- Department of Environment and Conservation
- Public Transport Authority
Archived PAIWG minutes and action items from previous meetings can also be downloaded.
Gill Gallacher – A/Manager, Employment and Skills Development
Ph: 6552 8502
Page last updated 25 September 2012