Senior executive services
The Senior Executive Service (SES) comprises senior executive roles (including CEOs). The purpose of the Senior Executive Service is to provide a group of executive officers capable of:
- providing high level policy advice and undertaking managerial responsibilities
- being deployed within agencies, and between agencies, and
- to promote the efficiency of individual agencies.
In addition to the Act, SES Employment is governed by Approved Procedure 2. Approved Procedure 2 relates to:
- creation, variation and reclassification of positions above Level 8;
- selection criteria;
- contracts of employment; and
- information reporting requirements.
Page last updated 24 September 2012